Friday, March 7, 2014

Wedding Etiquette Mistakes



I recently saw an article in the Huffington Post about etiquette mistakes couples make in planning their weddings.  While I do not agree with everything in the article, I do believe the author makes some good points and that it is worth taking a look at.


In my opinion there are a couple of items that I do not feel are wedding etiquette mistakes.

1. I am a fan of inviting guests at 6:30PM for a 7:00PM ceremony.  It gives guests time to get settled and ready for the ceremony.  To pass the time, my Rabido is to offer guests flat or sparkling water along with a sparkling wine when they enter.

2. The article suggests that couples should have a receiving line. For me this is a Rabidon't!  If you are like me, I hate the idea of having to wait in a long line to greet the Bride and Groom along with their parents and the bridal party.  It is uncomfortable for everyone involved and unnecessary. I feel that the cocktail hour is the best time for the Bride and Groom to mingle and greet guests.

I would love to hear all of your input on wedding etiquette.  What are your pet peeves at a wedding?  It is always interesting to hear what my readers think.

Happy wedding planning and...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment